The GA-24 by Jacobsen® is a popular choice for aerating superior turf on greens. This self-propelled aerator’s unparalleled hole quality promotes faster turf healing and allows play to resume earlier. The unit’s maneuverability allows for tight turns on undulated turf without causing undue damage.
- Self-Propelled Power That’s Quiet – 9 hp ( 6.7 kW) Briggs & Stratton® Vanguard™ engine.
- Reliability for the Long Haul – Peerless® transaxle with reverse allows easier maneuvering for storage and reduced number of wear parts.
- Precise Aeration Anytime, Anywhere – Four tine sizes for proper core aeration anytime under varying soil conditions; Creates 2″ x 2″ aeration pattern.
- Optional Quad Tine Holders allow for 1 x 1 in. pattern.
- Ease of Operation and Safety – Centralized controls at operator station; Automatic parking brake; Operator presence control. Turf-Friendly Aerator – Light-weight self-propelled model features ribbed tires.
|Engine||Briggs & Stratton® Vanguard™ Gas|
|Rated Horsepower*||10 hp (7.46 kW) @3600 rpm|
|Displacement||18.64 cu. in. (305.5 cc)|
|Fuel Capacity||2.5 gal. (9.5 L)|
|Lubrication||Cams, horizontal slides, push rods and bearings are continuously lubricated; sealed, cast-iron cam case; all other lubricating points are pressure grease fittings|
|TRACTION AND DIFFERENTIAL|
|Drive Wheel||#40 roller chain|
|Differential||Parallel shaft, spur gear|
|Transport Speed||4 mph (6.4 km/h)|
|Working Width||24 in. (61.0 cm)|
|Working Depth||Up to 3 in. (7.6 cm)|
|Aeration Pattern||Standard Tines: 2 x 2 in (5.1 x 5.1 cm)
With Optional Quad Tine Holder: 1 x 1 in. (2.54 x 2.54 cm)
|Holes per Square Foot||36|
|Productivity||Up to 8000 sq. ft (743.2 square meters) per hour|
|Crankshaft||#50 roller chain|
|Connecting Rod and
|Cast aluminum with insert bearing on ductile iron crankshaft|
|Slide Bearing and Seals||Low-friction Teflon™ bearings; triple lip seals|
|Hydraulic Lift System||Direct-drive; hydraulic gear pump|
|Standard Tines||Hollow, tapered, case-hardened steel; two sets of 1/2 in. (13 mm) diameter|
|TIRES AND BRAKES|
|Front Tires||11 x 4.00 – 5, 4-ply ribbed|
|Rear Tires||16 x 6.50 – 8, 4-ply ribbed|
|Brakes||Automatic disc parking brake|
|Length||72 in. (1.83 m) with handle extended|
|Width||49.5 in. (1.26 m)|
|Height||37.5 in. (95.3 cm) to top of steering handle|
|Weight||902 lbs. (409 kg)|
|Quad Tine Holder||Quad Tine Holder Set with turfguard assembly and your choice of tines: 1/2 in. (13 mm) coring, 1/4 in. (6 mm) coring or 1/4 in. (6 mm) solid tines|
|Windrow Attachment||Floating blades line up cores for easier, quicker removal|